We welcome opinions
Through its opinion section, Kansas Reflector works to amplify voices of people whose lives are affected by public policies but who might typically be left out of public debate. We seek to increase Kansans’ awareness of how decisions made by elected representatives and other public servants affect our day-to-day lives. We hope to empower and inspire greater participation in democracy throughout Kansas.
We welcome opinion pieces from writers who share our goal. We will not consider articles that have been published somewhere else, including on social media or a personal blog, and we do not publish anonymous commentaries. We seek a diversity of views and welcome respectful debate.
Submissions should be no longer than 750 words, and assertions of fact should be verifiable. We may edit for style, grammar, accuracy and length. All articles published at KansasReflector.com are freely available to other news media.
- Maximum length is 750 words.
- Name, full address and phone number are required (address and phone number are not for publication).
- Submissions must be sent by email to [email protected] with “Opinion” in the subject line. Include the text of the commentary in the body of the email, not in an attachment.
- Assertions of fact should be verifiable. Cite sources either with hyperlinks in the text or by referring to the source directly in the piece.
- Opinion pieces must be signed by at least one individual. We do not accept pieces signed by an organization. We require a brief biographical description and a photo of the author.
For information, contact opinion editor C.J. Janovy, [email protected].